A new way to travel in the East Leeds area!
West Yorkshire’s first on demand public transport service is now up and running, providing a flexible and convenient way to travel around the East Leeds area by bus. Unlike more traditional bus services which operate to a fixed timetable and along fixed routes, the FlexiBus service will go anywhere, and at a time to suit you… in many ways it is more like an ‘Uber bus’ than a normal bus service.
You need to book your trip at least one hour before you wish to travel, by app or by phone, then watch your bus on a real time map as it makes its way to you. The app will tell you where the bus will pick you up, which will be within 200m (3 minutes walk) of your current location, before dropping you off a similar distance from your desired destination.
The service will operate using a brand new fleet of electric buses, which will be working their way around the streets of East Leeds picking people up as they go.
You can use it to travel to work, the shops, a health appointment or to visit family and friends in the East Leeds area!
How to book –
From your smartphone:
- Download the ‘FlexiBus WY’ app – Apple store / Google Play
- Register an account
- Request your journey at least 1 hour in advance – consider booking based on the time you’d like to arrive at your destination
- Walk to your pickup point
- Pay by contactless on the bus
- Be on your way
From the website:
- Visit the website and book your trip by following the same steps as above
- Call MetroLine on 0113 245 7676 between 7am and 8pm Monday to Saturday or 8am to 8pm on Sunday
How much will it cost?
- £2 flat fare for a single journey
- £1.20 for under 19s
- All MCard products are accepted – smartcards and MCard Mobile
- Holders of Senior, Blind and Disabled Person’s bus pass travel free after 9.30am on weekdays and all day on Saturdays.
Logging onto the app
If, when trying to log onto the passenger app, you receive a message saying ‘username and password not recognised’ it is possible that you registered onto the test site which is no longer in use. To solve this, please register again using the key 7102.
Find out more
Visit the West Yorkshire Metro website to find out more.
You can view the factsheet and FAQs, as well as the guide to using the service by following the links below.