Wiggle it, waggle it, don’t just sit on it!
Take part in On Your Feet Britain – today is the national activity awareness day when 2 MILLION desk-based workers across Britain participate in a variety of fun and simple activities to #SitLess and #MoveMore at work.
On Your Feet Britain is a free and engaging way to reboot and energise your workplace habits.
Research shows that regular movement throughout the day leads to:
- Better health
- Increased motivation
- Improved concentration
- And many, many more wellbeing and performance benefits
Challenge yourself to see how much you can reduce your sitting time by:
- Stand / walk during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs more
- Arrange standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk – what about a 15 minute walk around The Springs?
- Walk to a colleague’s desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand during presentations